So, here are some of the pictures I promised. The first one is my husband and I at a Christmas party. The others our of my children Taya, Drew, Laurynn and Jasmynne.
Tonight were going to talk about desserts on the go. The one that we have delivered probably most I mentioned in my previous blog, Cinnamon Sticks. We order cinnamon sticks everytime we order pizza. We chose this dessert because they usually come in a quantity of 10, which is a good portion for my family. A lot of other dessert options we would have to order several portions and its not usually economical. This cinnamon sticks usually arrive warm and the cinnamon scent is such a comforting scent. I also like how the icing is served on the side. I don't like a lot on mine, so its great that I can decide the amount. Also, the cinnamon sticks are pretty basic, no fuss, dough, butter and cinnamon; doesn't usually provide a reason not to like. My kids aren't usually picky eaters but of course the simpler the better. I've included a picture, they look yummy!
McDonald's is an easy dessert place. We can all pick what we want and flavor, so it offers more variety. I particularly love their EggNog and Shamrock shakes. My husband hates them. He's crazy! I don't know if I like them because their seasonal and you can only get them for a short time or what, but I love those flavors. Since my husband doesn't he'll usually order Strawberry and were both happy. Also, McDonalds is fairly inexpensive so I don't feel like I'm spending an arm an a leg.
When we are splurging I would say Tiramisu is one of our family favorite dessert. If we pick up italian food, this is always ordered with it. I consider it splurging because its more of a pricier meal and more indulgent. The layers of liquoer drenched lady fingers and marscapone cheese our so rich, you can't eat a lot and I require a glass of milk to help wash it down. These are my favorite types of dessert. They just take me to a whole different euphoria : )
The DONT's
The above dessert I think is one of my all time favorites. The Maple Butter White Blondie, omg it is so good. Thsi though is a horrible to go dessert. The restaurant usually serves the brownie topped with ice cream, (which melts before you can get it home) but also they serve it on a hot sizzling skillet so when you for the Maple Butter on it it thins out and gets nice and warm. Obviously, to go there is no sillet and it just doesn't have the same effect. This also is not a great option for my family because it would be way more than I want to spend for dessert since we would need to buy multiples. this is something I usually save for a date night with my husband when were eating at a restaurant.
Molton Lava cakes from Domino's, they look good but once their made and drove to your house, they lava is not really melty or warm, the chocolate cake is too dense. if you try to warm it in the microwave even for a couple seconds, it kinda just burns. These would probably great if I was sitting eating at Domino's but that is not an option. Also, again the portion is too small for my family. My kids don't behave well if I have to cut their desserts in half for them to share with their siblings, except maybe for Drew.
Lastly, the local Krystals buy us serves these Fried Cheesecake Bites. They usually have about 5-6 in them and fairly inexpensive. I could usually order two orders and everyone be happy. Unfortunately, they just are not right and it could just be that they are hard to cook right but I have ordered them a few times giving them a try but either the inside cheesecake is hot, which is not appealing to me at all or it is still frozen. I think these must be like calamari; there is a very specific way they need to be cooked to be good and that is not something most fast food restaurants can do.
I think take out/ delivery desserts are hard. Most desserts are usually meant to be ate shortly after being prepared. Having a drive will usually cool them off or melt their ice cream, making them not to appear or taste as well. I want a dessert that is usually fairly simple in the fact that it will still last through the transportation.
Talk to you soon!








Great pictures--thanks for posting those!
ReplyDeleteLooking back at your three Good desserts, what do you think they all have in common?
Are there any take-out/delivery desserts you think would be great, but haven't found on a menu yet?
Thanks!
I'm not sure there is anything in common between the 3 good desserts. The first two are ordered because they are usually the best a fast food type restaurant can offer. The tiramisu just goes with Italian food. The richness and flavor are just yummy. This is more like a special treat, like a long hot bubble bath.
DeleteI think a good dessert that would work in a fast food restaurant or delivery, I think would be pudding. Pudding is very family friendly, inexpensive and usually already served cold. It will not melt in transport and will not go bad quickly.
Thank you, Jolynn!
ReplyDelete